Tik Tok is a diverse platform whose content (menu) changes daily. There are monthly trending sounds, seasonal dances, and popular stitches. While it may seem like there is a lack of value, this breakthrough app takes the world by storm.
If you’re reading this article, you’ve most likely seen Part 1 of our social media tips. However, if you haven’t read it yet, I highly suggest checking it out as it speaks of Tik Tok’s rival – Instagram.
Now, onto the most downloadable app of the year worldwide. Yup, you read it right. Despite being first released in 2017, most of us got acquainted with this silly dance app in March of 2021.
The new forecast predicts Tik Tok to have around 55.0 million MONTHLY users. While the number seems to fade compared to Instagram’s 2 billion monthly users, Tik Tok’s impact on our communities and the world is undeniable.
One last statistic I’d like to add is that Tik Tok search has grown by 173% while Instagram Reels grew by 22%.
So Why Tik Tok?
The idea behind the app is simple – deliver information in a short period of time. With video lengths averaging between 15-60 seconds, it is best to captivate the audience and engage them.
With audience ages 18-35, you have a perfect environment of millennials, gen-Z, and gen-X looking for a fun place to get away from their daily tasks. When an average user spends almost an hour on the app, this opens unique marketing opportunities.
You don’t need a checkmark next to your account, thousands of followers, or paid partnerships. All you need is… Consistency. It’s the views, comments, and engagement that drives your account and eventually add value. The infamous FYP (For You Page) has an algorithm that pushes your content to users who have similar interests.
Things you should add to your TO DO list in 2022:
- Download the app and start exploring it. Follow the accounts similar to you or your business to start getting ideas and inspirations for your content when the time comes.
- Not sure if you’re ready to start an account just yet? That’s ok! A first step would be securing a handle for your business. No one wants to finally find the time to make Tik Toks and then find out that their handle can only be RidleyFilm_1234, you know what I mean?
- Keep in mind that people like to follow real people, even if you have a business. However, if you do decide to create a business account, make sure to research all the limitations it comes with (e.g., a smaller music library with no popular songs due to copyright issues).
Another piece of advice, make sure that no matter what content you create (IG Reels, Facebook videos, Tik Toks, etc..), they’re all fitting in with organic content that already exists on the platform.
Is it the right fit?
We have to clarify that not every business can take advantage of Tik Tok. Especially if your demographic and target audience doesn’t align with the native users of the app. However, if you’re looking for increasing brand awareness, building engaged communities, or selling products and services, then that’s a platform for you.
To create your Tik Tok business account, START HERE. Tik Tok users are highly active and love sharing content across platforms. As a business, you can show off your creative personality and talk to your audience without forcing them to make a purchase.
Tik Tok for small businesses will guide and help you with ads, targeting, and tips.
Quick HOW TO, if you need one:
- Check FYP: As you open the app, you will see the FYP. If you’ve been using the platform, chances are your suggested videos have been calibrated to your preferences and interests.
- Create a video: The best part of Tik Tok is that it’s open to all qualities. Whether it’s 4K footage from a professional camera re-downloaded on the app or a selfie-style video. Start recording in the app and add filters or effects. If you’ve done step 1, you must’ve already shortlisted a few of your favorites.
- Add music: Don’t forget the music! Even if your video doesn’t need one, you can always adjust its volume or mute it. On Tik Tok, people discover content via hashtags and sounds, so add it to increase your odds of being discovered.
- Add hashtags: Use relevant hashtags, or just throw in the generic #foryoupage, #fyp, #foryou
As short-form video content is growing in popularity, we’re excited for what that means for our company in 2022! The algorithm pushes Reels and Tik Toks, and we can’t wait to film one for you!